The Wyoming Area Creative Arts Community
Board and position openings...
The Wyoming Area Creative Arts Community is currently seeking artists and art supporters to fill a vacant position on the board of directors, and the new positions of Volunteer Coordinator, Education Coordinator, and Building Maintenance Director. (These positions are unpaid, volunteer positions).
Hallberg Center for the Arts is now open limited hours!
Stop in and See...
Kids Can Be Artists Too!
At Wyoming, MN's community celebration, Stagecoach Days, the Wyoming Area Creative Arts Community (WACAC) held it's 3rd annual event, "Kids Can Be Artists Too!". With the dedication of countless members of the organization, coupled with a generous grant from the East Central Regional Arts Council, WACAC member artists worked with 284 kids of all ages, giving them the opportunity to experience standing at an easel, painting with acrylic paints on canvas to create their own original pieces of art.
The event culminated with a show on Sunday, a critique and judging by area artists, and a popular vote. There were first, second, and third place award in each of five categories... 1-3 years, 4-7 years, 8-12 years, 13 and over, and a people's choice (determined by popular votes on the day of judging)
These uninhibited works of art will be on display at the Hallberg Center for the Arts, with the show opening on September 17th and running through the 19th of October. Click Here for more details.
Here are the winners...
- First Place: Uriah Horn, age 2 of Wyoming, MN
- Second Place: Isabella Peterson, age 3 of Wyoming, MN
- Third Place: Taylor Puelston, age 3 of North Branch
- First Place: Izze Fox, age 4 of Cambridge, MN
- Second Place: Natalie Ruka, age 6 of Wyoming, MN
- Third Place: Emmitt Ochoki, age 5 of Lindstrom, MN
- First Place: Savannah LaVelle, age 8 of Chisago City, MN
- Second Place: Lauren Thompson, age 11 of White Bear Lake, MN
- Third Place: Nick Belisle, age 12 of Wyoming, MN
Ages 13 and over
- First Place: Dylan Swanson, age 17 of Forest Lake, MN
- Second Place: Gabby Headley, age 16 of East Bethel, MN
- Third Place: Maddie Radue, age 13 of Forest Lake, MN
- First Place: Emily May, age 11 of Forest Lake, MN
- Second Place: Josie Wing, age 15 of Wyoming, MN
- Third Place: Cadence Eischens, age 14 of Wyoming, MN
The Wyoming Area Creative Arts Community (WACAC) was formed by an alliance of artists, musicians, performers, photographers, and writers, with a goal of enriching the quality of life in the Wyoming area by facilitating inspirational venues where regional, national, and international cultural activities can illuminate, educate, and entertain.
This arts community is committed to celebrating the diversity of the Wyoming, MN area and surrounding communities by offering an array of affordable cultural opportunities and experiences designed to appeal and be accessible to all.
If you have questions or would like to help us bring this center for the arts to life, please email us or call Board Chair, Eric Peterson at: (651) 238-0245
A Call to Artists...