Imaginary Encounters, thus far...by William Linmark
This beautiful art exhibit is sponsored by: Delta Airlines and the Boorsma Family
This interview was created thanks to the videography of Jack Doepke
Opening June 18, 2020 at the Hallberg Center for the Arts in Wyoming, MN. This exhibit is produced by the Wyoming Area Creative Arts Community and is open to the public. Thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic, the opening on June 18th will be a private event by invite only from the artist and will run from 4pm to 8pm.
The Hallberg Center for the Arts will be open to the public from 4pm - 8pm on Thursdays and Fridays (with the exception of the opening) and Saturdays from noon - 4pm. Volunteers and guests will be required to wear a mask (if you don't have one, we will provide on for you). We are limiting the total volunteers and guests to a total of 15 people in the gallery at any given time. Sanitizer will be available. Social distancing is required.
There will also be a virtual exhibit on our website where visitors can virtually walk through the Hallberg Center for the Arts and view this remarkable exhibit from the comfort and safety of their home on their computer or mobile device.
Imaginary Encounters, thus far...by William Linmark will run through July 18, 2020.
William Z. Linmark
Artist’s Statement: Through my artworks I hope to convey to the viewer the diversified connections to our surroundings, as well as the relationships they instill upon us. I am greatly influenced by my personal travels, the diverse cultures with their stories, and capturing the human figure in a fleeting moment in time. The experiences in our everyday life are beneficial to my work, and for me to translate that through my arts is a privilege, especially when it evokes an emotion to the viewer. Education:
- 2011 BFA University of Hawai’i at Manoa, Department of Art and Art History
- 2009 Workshop Atelier du Grande Chaumier, Paris, France
Awards and Honors:
- 2019 Directors Choice - In. Art Show & Competition, Hallberg Center for the Arts
- 2015 The Artist's Magazine ( Finalist/Abstract, 32nd Annual Art Competition, December, 2015)
- 2015 4th Place American Art Awards
- 2013 Honorary Mention, Minnesota State Fair Fine Arts Exhibition
- 1997 1st Place French Quarter North and South 6th Annual Jumbo Art