The 8th That's What Eye Saw
WACAC MEMBER ENTRY
An Exhibit of Original Photography
A collaborative exhibition of artistic photography
Opening Thursday, January 19, 2023 at the Hallberg Center for the Arts, this show will feature stunning photography from regional photographers.
This exhibit will be open to all regional artists in a show of original photography. Submitted photography can be ANY subject.
This exhibition will be on display through February 11, 2023.
Deadline for Entry: midnight, January 11, 2023
Enter up to two (2) submissions
There will be People's Choice voting during the run of the exhibit, with ribbons being awarded to the highest voted artists. Along with entering the artwork, this year we would like to incorporate a story with each piece! In a short paragraph, tell us how you caught the image or what the image means to you and we will post it with your artwork in the gallery.
The Wyoming Area Creative Arts Community Events Committee reserves the right to close acceptance of entries if participation exceeds expectations.
This exhibit will also accept Literary (performed), and Musical (performed) works of art to be performed at the opening ceremonies. Performed works must relate to the theme, That's What Eye Saw. Please contact the WACAC Events Committee to submit literary or musical performances for the opening night at:
RULES... IMPORTANT PLEASE READ!
By participating in this event, you agree to the following rules...
- All artwork must be conceived and executed by the submitting artist, not done in a class or under supervision of another artist, and not copied from published photos or from photos taken by others without their written permission. If copyright infringement is discovered the artwork will be disqualified.
- This is NOT A JURIED EXHIBIT - all photography submitted meeting the requirements will be accepted.
- If contributing artists exceed expectations, the Wyoming Area Creative Arts Community reserves the right to close submissions acceptance early.
- Artwork submitted... photography can be ANY photograph.
- Artwork should be recent (within the last three years).
- Entry into the art exhibit must be entered electronically (on this website) in order to be accepted.
- Image for submission must be less than 2MB in size.
- Submitted image should be of the artwork only, not the frame (if applicable).
- Framed and hung works of art must be presented in a gallery format, and ready to hang. ONLY wired hanging systems will be accepted.
- Complete all information on the entry form. Incomplete entries will not be accepted.
- The deadline for entry is January 11, 2023 at midnight.
- All artwork must be delivered to the Hallberg Center for the Arts on or before Saturday, January 14, 2023 (drop off times and directions will be emailed to the artist in advance)
- All artwork must be appropriately framed or ready for display in an art gallery format. Pedestals are available (please note in description if needed). ONLY wire is acceptable for hanging.
- Space will determine the final number of entries accepted into the show. If you are submitting more than one piece, please note which is your first choice, in the case we are unable to accept all the artwork.
- Reproduction of Images for Publicity Permission is granted to the WACAC and Hallberg Arts Center for reproduction of artwork for catalog and/or advertising purposes. Entry into the exhibition constitutes agreement with this understanding.
- Liability All reasonable care will be taken with artwork. WACAC and Hallberg Arts Center staff and its volunteers, cannot be held responsible for loss or damage to artwork including frames and mountings, no matter how damages are caused, and all entries submitted are subject to this condition. WACAC has an excellent record in the care and handling of works of art. We suggest that artists insure work privately if they feel the need for such protection.
- Accepted artwork will be labeled with the artist's name, title, medium and price. Submitted artwork marked NFS or left empty in the registration form will be marked NFS (not for sale).
- Buyers of artwork sold during the exhibit agree that the artwork will remain at the Hallberg Center for the Arts until the show is completed on February 11, 2023.
- Artists agree to donate 30% of the sale price of any artwork sold during the That's What Eye Saw Show to the Wyoming Area Creative Arts Community.
- Artwork may be picked up at the art center beginning Saturday, February 11, 2023 during normal gallery hours, preferably between 4PM & 6PM. Artwork that has been unclaimed by April 1, 2023 will become property of the Wyoming Area Creative Arts Community, either being added to the permanent collection or sold as part of a fund raiser for the organization.
- All entries are final, NO REFUNDS
WACAC Member Collaborative Entry Form
If you would like to enter your artwork into this collaborative exhibit at the Hallberg Center for the Arts with the Wyoming Area Creative Arts Community, please take a moment and fill in this entry form.
Please fill in all required fields.